Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain




"Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain."

There's something therapeutic about slipping on a pair of brightly coloured polka dot rain boots and splashing around in the puddles outside.
The water kisses your nose, and catches beads on the very edge of your lashes.
The wet air seems to smell better. Clearer.
For 30 minutes I let the sky soak me to my bones.
My hair matted to the sides of my face.
My vision blurred. My fingers icy.
I open my mouth and catch drops on my tongue, and still laugh every time the wind pulls my umbrella inside out.
I'm seven all over again and that's perfectly alright with me.
For 30 minutes the world and all its troubles seem to wash away with the storm, flowing like a river between my feet.
I don't mind when it rains.

1 comment: